Sunday, December 9, 2012

A Weekend at the Farm December 7 - 9, 2012


Saturday was traumatic.  My husband went hunting.  He shot a deer, but he didn't kill it.  I had to help him search for the poor thing.  We searched and searched all through the woods, I found some blood several times, but we never found the deer.  We went back to the house to get the cub cadet and drive around hoping to scare it up.  Sure enough we scared it.  It lurched into the trail, both front legs broken.  No gun!  He left it at home.  I raced home to get the gun and raced back with it.  My husband shot him and put him out of his terrible suffering.  I was traumatized. I couldn't do anything for the rest of the day. It was horrible.

I spent most of Sunday shredding leaves with my awesome leaf shredder.  I spread the leaves in the Boardwalk beds.  There are still billions of leaves to shred.

Filled the new bed in the Rose Garden with soil.  Seeded it with Johnny Jump Ups, Sublime Blue Larkspur, and Red Corn Poppies.

Spread seed in the Orchard, did some weeding.

Deadheaded roses.

Planted some Royal Blend Sweet Peas in the Long Border along the mattress spring trellis.

Watered the shrubs.

Watched butterflies.

Mulched both of my new passion vines.

Finished mulching the really weedy part of the Long Border.

Spread seed in the Long Border.

Moved a shovelful of Mexican sedum from the Star Garden to the Long Border.

No comments:

Post a Comment