Saturday, January 31, 2015

Project Completed in the Max's Garden January 31, 2015

 Years ago I made a massive flowerbed in the side yard.  But I never liked it - creepy walking through it and hard to weed it, and hard to appreciate it because you couldn't walk in it.  So for the last month or so I have been creating paths with cedar logs, digging out the soil in the paths, and filling new beds with that soil.  I have transplanted some Pink Muhly Grass and a Copper Canyon Daisy that were in the way, but for the most part, I didn't have to move anything.  In the above photo there is an Anacachoe Orchid tree that I will be able to get to easier and baby it a little bit this spring and summer.  These beds are located in a mostly shady area of the yard.

 In the above and below photos, the three flowerbeds were all one bed.


The two beds at the top of the photo above are new beds that I just built using some of the dirt from the paths I created.  One of the things I'm going to plant are Nicotiana seeds.  I ordered a large packet of seeds a few weeks ago.  Nicotiana flowers are very fragrant.

No comments:

Post a Comment