Monday, November 13, 2017

Day at the Farm November 9, 2017

Yellow bugs with three rows of black spots across their backs (they look a little like lady bugs) are wreaking havoc on the petals of my Butter Pat chrysanthemums and my roses. I don't know what they are, but they are really making me mad!  I've seen them before, but I don't recall them making such a mess of my flowers before. 

This weekend Nan, Lisa and I camped at the Renaissance Festival, arrived Friday early evening and left on Sunday morning.  We had a good time - an interesting experience.  Sunday I drove straight to the farm and joined Bert, drove in to work on Monday morning.
  • Cut away spent branches off my Mexican leucantha.
  • Noted that some of my daffodils in the ginger bed in the Star Garden are all the way up.  I will cut back the gingers next time I'm there.  Those daffodils never bloom which is strange, I can't imagine that I would plant daffs that are not good for my region.  I don't remember what they are, maybe Chines Sacred Lilies?  Anyway, this year I'm going to cut the gingers down to the ground to see if the daffodils will bloom without the gingers looming over their heads. 
  • Checked on my seedling beds to make sure they are getting enough water. 
  • Cut away some Philippine Lily stalks, need to get the rest of them next time I'm there.  The seeds that I've been spreading everywhere are starting to sprout.  That's good. 
  • Bert used the blower and blew the paths in the Shade Garden and the Star Garden.  Leaves are falling everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment