Sunday, July 29, 2018

Weekend at the Farm July 28 - 29, 2018


We arrived on Saturday morning.  I didn't do anything Saturday except watch Netflix and water in the Rose Garden.  I also picked a bowl full of Muscadine grapes in the Orchard.
  • Sunday.  Up bright and early to start working before it got too how.
  • I pulled up all the corn in the Vegetable Garden.  And I weeded the bed.
  • I did some weeding and raking in the Star Garden.  I sprayed herbicide here and there.
  • I pulled up the wild purslane growing in a path in the Star Garden and tossed it in the meadow.
  • I dug up a weedy spot in the Rose Garden and seeded it with zinnias that I deadheaded in the Orchard.
  • Moved the sprinklers around in the Rose Garden.
  • I cut my Indigo Spires down to the ground.  
  • Pulled up all the spent zinnias in the Orchard, cleaned out the bed, and threw lots of seed heads into the bed.  If no disaster occurs we will have a pretty fall show of zinnias.
  • Gathered seed heads of Giant Rudbeckia from the Star Garden and seeded the Satusma bed in the Orchard.
  • Weeded here and there in the Orchard.
  • Picked another bowl of Muscadine grapes.
  • Sprayed herbicide in the Orchard.
  • Came in at noon and made jelly with my Muscadine grapes.
  • Rested.  Headed home to Houston about 4:00.

No comments:

Post a Comment