Monday, October 22, 2018

My Country Girl Mums October 21, 2018

If you have the right spot for Country Girl (or any of the other wonderful heirloom mums) then they will give you so much pleasure.  They flop over, so basically they take up a lot of room.  You can stake them if you have the energy, or you can plant them where they have room to lie down when they are in full bloom which is what I do.  In the winter and summer their growth is similar to a ground cover.  In late summer and early fall they grow tall stems that lean over.  A great, spreading perennial.  Last year I tried to harvest the seed and spread it in various places.  I actually had one plant sprout from all that effort, so I know it is possible to grow them from seed, but transplants are easier.







No comments:

Post a Comment