Sunday, June 9, 2019

Weekend at the Farm June 8 - 9, 2019


Backstreet Cafe on Saturday with Blake, Mom, Lisa and Nan, a little luncheon before the baby comes.  Drove to the farm after that.  Bert was already here.

  • I didn't do anything on Saturday.
  • Sunday up early.  The weather could have been worse, so I counted myself lucky.
  • I went down to the Orchard to work in there. I pulled weeds for a long time, about three hours.  I managed to clean up the big chunks and left it looking much better.  
  • Swam in the pool.  The water is the perfect temperature.
  • I spent some time in the Star Garden weeding and cleaning up, pulling up ageratum and brown eyed Susans.  
  • I cut back all the iris fans in the dining room flower bed.   It exposed the roses to the sun and un-crowded the phlox.  I will be moving lots of the iris in the fall.  
  • June and July are all about trying to keep things under control as best you can - crabgrass is the enemy.  
  • I sowed a few sunflowers in the Vegetable Garden, and some catmint in one of the buckets. 
  • One of my Agastache up and died.  I don't know why - voles?  The others growing next to it are fine.  I have been true to my goal of keeping all my new plants from getting smothered.  What a bummer, though.  I hate losing plants.
  • Drove in to work on Monday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment