Saturday, February 25, 2023

Several days at the Farm February 2022

 


Spirea looked pretty - February 25.

Feb 15 - I planted a flat of Self Heal in the Medicine Garden.  And I planted 3 Comfrey and 7 Rosemary.  

Feb 15 - I planted 4 Sweet Peas in the Rose Garden that will climb on the mattress springs tied around the old dead oak tree.  I had sown my own seed at the beginning of the cool weather, but the freak 8 degree weekend killed them. 

Feb 20 - Most of the weekend was taken up by grandkids (Nathan and Jess).  But I managed to do a few things.

I planted a sack of Yukon Gold potatoes.  I prepped a 4 x 4 bed and planted them all.  They are going to be crowded if they survive the vole attacks which is a big "if". 

I planted most of a flat of Mexican Mint Marigold in the Star Garden.  

I planted a flat of Tansy in the Medicine Garden.

I planted 6 Mexican Oregano in the Star Garden in an area that stays pretty dry.  

I also planted 3 Desert Mallow plants - these were a real find, very happy to have them.  Also drought tolerant, so I planted them in a dry, sunny spot in the Star Garden.

And finally, I planted 6 Skullcap, also in dry areas.  

I sowed a bunch of dill in the Rose Garden for my butterflies.

I sowed some African Daisy seed in the Vegetable Garden. 

Feb 22 - Raked in the Star Garden for quite a while.  

Watered all my new transplants in the Star Garden and the Medicine Garden.

Watered all my roses in pots in the Rose Garden.  Spot watered here and there.

I watered and fertilized my Pineland Wattle, Anacachoe Orchid Tree and both my Two Winged Silverbells. 

I raked in the Greenhouse Gardens and made mulch circles around some of my trees.

Cut back all the Shrimp Plant in the Star Garden.

Spot watered in the Star Garden.

I planted 3 Mexican Mint Marigold in the Star Garden, 4 Australian Violets in the Camellia Garden and half dozen in Mom's Garden.

I transplanted some Woodland Violet plugs that had spread into paths back into the bed.  

I sowed pink Cosmos and orange Cosmos in the Rose Garden.  I threw down some Laura Bush petunia seed also.

Pruned the roses in the Front Bed.  And cut back a clump of Moudry grass and Siberian iris debris.

Planted some Pirates Pearl in the Rose Garden.

My Desert Mallow is in bloom, so I am very excited.  

The paperwhites are in full bloom right now.  And the Daffodil border is blooming.  

No comments:

Post a Comment