Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Weekend at the Farm May 19 - May 21, 2023

 


I worked from the farm on Friday.  I haven't been here for several weeks, and you can really tell.  Weeds in the paths is the biggest problem.  I sprayed vinegar herbicide (I have gone organic, yay me) in the Rose Garden and the Star Garden.

Everything is a sea of yellow in all the gardens.  Yellow coneflower, yellow brown eyes, and yellow giant coneflower.  Really beautiful.  

I picked cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, dug up potatoes, pulled up onions, and picked blackberries.

After work I spent a couple of hours pulling up Tall Winecup and cutting back blue and white salvia in the Star Garden.  I finally went in about 8:30.  

Saturday.  Out early.  I cut down all the stems of white yarrow flowers in the White Garden.  They were flopping over, but they still looked pretty.  I made a huge bouquet and brought them in the house.

Sprayed more vinegar herbicide in the Vegetable Garden and the Orchard paths.

I pulled up lots of Tall Winecup in the Rose Garden next to the Peggy Martin trained on the fence.  Raked and sowed seed.  Cut away plants leaning into paths.  

I cut away plants leaning into my Russian Sages in the Star Garden.  I'd really like to see those mature and thrive, so I'm being careful to keep them from getting "disappeared" by rampant growth from plants around them.

My daylilies are beginning their bloom time.  Always lovely.

I pulled up all the Tall Winecup near Sam's tree, raked the area and sowed some Hyacinth Bean seeds on the arbor that I soaked over night.  

Watered my split leaf philodendron.

Weeded in the Vegetable Garden.  Voles have pulled every single one of my dill plants under as well as a pepper plant that I put in a few days ago.  

Sunday.  Put away my tools, cleaned up and headed home to go to the Astros game with Nathan and the kids.


No comments:

Post a Comment