Saturday, April 7, 2012

A Day at the Farm April 6, 2012

Came up Thursday evening and left on Saturday morning for the lake.  Easter with the family.

  • Sprayed herbicide in the Rose Garden.
  • Planted some clumps of butterfly gingers that I dug up from the flower beds in Houston.  I planted several clumps  in the Circle Drive and several in the Boardwalk Garden.  The Pinecone Gingers have finally started popping up out of the ground, so I dug up some of those in the Houston beds as well and planted them along the Boardwalk.  I have worked hard moving gingers. They should look really good in Burton.
  • I moved a Pavonia from the Blue Mist bed to the Boardwalk Garden where it will get more sun and more water.  I think it is a variety with spots on the flowers that came up from a random seed.  The plant died years ago.  If it's a seed from the Rock Rose I already have growing, I'll be disappointed.
  • Repaired some places where armadillos rooted up the clumps of gingers that I planted last weekend.
  • Deadheaded in the Rose Garden.
  • Cooked some parsnips from the garden Friday evening for dinner, sliced and browned in a little butter.
  • Added a sprinkler with timer in the Greenhouse Garden.  Now I won't be so saddled to the farm every weekend just to water hard to reach places.

No comments:

Post a Comment