Sunday, June 11, 2017

Echinacea June 11, 2017

Over multiple seasons echinacea makes bigger and bigger clumps.  The one below began as a little plant and I was thrilled to get one flower.  Look at it now.  Echinacea, or coneflower, is an excellent herb.  Roots that are three years old or older and the primary medicianl part of the plant.  It is antiobiotic that fights infections and is good for lymph and immune systems.  It's also a blood purifier.  I've read that the seeds are very good to eat, but I've also read that they are bad for you - confusing regarding the seeds, but the benefits of the roots are well-established.

This spring I planted two flats of coneflower of various varieties because I love them so much.  I planted them all down in the Orchard.



 Below, this is one of the small plants I put in the ground this spring.



No comments:

Post a Comment