Tuesday, June 27, 2017

New Growth in my Post Oak Savannah Project June 25, 2017

Lots of plants are coming up in my new meadow.  I recognize a few things, but mostly I don't know what the plants are called, and I don't know if I should discourage their growth.  Lots to learn!  Saturday morning I walked the area and sprayed herbicide on the crab grass.  That will be a constant effort - at least for a while.
Below, that is Poke Salad.  There is a lot of it coming up.  It loves the sandy soil.

Below, this is a vine. I'm wondering if it is the wild morning glory - as often as I have looked at the morning glory I haven't actually really, really noticed the leaf shape.  I'll keep an eye out for it to see if the plant in the picture is morning glory.  I have lots of this as well.

 Below, I only have one of these plants coming up.  It's pretty, don't know what it is.
 Below two picture - I see this all over the place, don't know the name of it.

 The below two pictures - I don't know the names of the plant, but it's common around the property.

 Below, I think this is a vine?? but no tendrils yet.
 The two picture below are interesting.  I have never seen a plant like this around the place.  I'm kind of wondering if it's a tree.


 Below, this is a vine, don't know the name of it.
 Below, this is a vine as well - passion vine maybe?
 Below, this is a baby Beautyberry.  This grows all over our place.
The two photos below, this is some sort of sunflower.  I have many, many varieties of sunflower growing on the property.

 The two pictures below - don't know the plant, but the leaves are pretty, sort of rounded.


Below, this is a ground cover weed.  It stays completely flat to the ground.  I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing.  Is a good shade-provider or will it crowd other plants out that are more desirable?  Not sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment