Monday, December 4, 2017

Day at the Farm December 3, 2017

This morning glories are still going strong since the weather is so warm.
Saturday morning at Mom and Dad's going through their furniture etc that they cannot take to their new place.  Saturday night over to Will and Kim's to put the train set together.  Sunday to the farm.  We spent the night, and I drove in to work on Monday morning.

  • We put the scarecrow together finally.  The deer are eating my roses in the Orchard.  Maybe it will help.  Thank goodness they do not disturb the roses in the Rose Garden.  The Orchard backs up to the woods so the deer feel safer.
  • I dug up 10 more bunch grass plugs and planted them in my meadow.  That's 20 so far, a drop in the bucket, but better than nothing.  I will sow native grass seed in the spring, but this is a little head start.
  • I scraped up one wheelbarrow of mulch and spread it over a weedy spot in the Star Garden.
  • Rain!  It rained for the remainder of the day.  I did no more work other than pull a weed here and there.
  • Turned off all the irrigation.

No comments:

Post a Comment