Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Weekend at the Farm June 16-17, 2018


Friday night dinner at Damien's and Guys and Dolls with Mom and Dad.  Saturday morning Bert and I drove separately to the farm so I could drive in to work on Monday morning.
  • As soon as I arrived I made a pie, baked some cookies, put some beans on to soak, and marinated a brisket.
  • I watched Netflix until about 1:00 and Bert mowed the whole place.
  • We went to Ray and Deborah's house for her retirement party.  Jeff and Amy came over late in the day.  We had dinner and talked late into the evening.
  • Sunday.  Vacuumed, mopped.  Cleaned the bathrooms.  Cooked the beans, made a fruit salad and coleslaw.  The brisket was in the oven all night.
  • Mom, Dad, Nan, Will and Kim and family and Nathan and Jess and family cam over.  We ate and swam.  Fun day.
  • Watered in the Rose Garden.  Really dry.  I lost my Graham Thomas rose.  It was just hanging on, so not a complete surprise.  I was a little surprised though.  I will replace it with something new in the fall.  I always thought Graham Thomas was a stingy bloomer.  But it's a yellow rose, so I valued it for the color.  I won't re-plant it.  I'll find something new.
  • I cut the tops off of all my Mexican Sunflowers in the Vegetable Garden, hopefully to make them stronger and more branched.  There's also an amaranth out there, and I cut the top off it as well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment