Saturday, February 12, 2011

A Weekend at the Farm Feb 12 - 13 - 2011


I started painting the fence around The Orchard. I have the inside of the fence finished. I didn't notice until I was finished with one entire side that the paint is a different color. But it's close, and frankly I don't care. This view is the side of The Orchard. You enter the front of The Orchard by the boardwalk. Bert put the gate in this weekend because I realized there was no way to get a wheel barrow into The Orchard. That was a problem! It looks good!

Beautiful weather!
  • Pruned the peach trees, the grape vines, and the plum trees. Still need to prune the apples.
  • Planted 2 White by the Gate Camellias in the beds that line the boardwalk down to The Orchard.
  • Planted 1 Fairie Blush Camellia, also in the beds that line the boardwalk.
  • Potted a Clementine Honey Mandarin Orange tree. The winters are too cold to plant permanently in The Orchard. I'll wheel it down the hill in the summers to rest in the Orchard, in the winters it will rest in the greenhouse.
  • Weeded in the Vegetable Garden.
  • Raked and shredded leaves, and spread them in The Wave Garden and The Star Garden.
  • Sprayed herbicide in The Rose Garden.
  • Raked the Rose Garden.
  • Pruned the rest of the roses - about 20 shrubs.
  • My peas are coming up. Exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment