Sunday, March 20, 2011

A Weekend at the Farm 03/19-20/2011

The weather was beautiful this weekend.

  • Fertilized the rest of the roses in the Rose Garden with cottonseed meal. I still need to fertilize the 8 roses around the house.
  • Watered.
  • Finished cutting away dead debris in the Wave Garden.
  • Sowed the last of the flower seeds I bought - Agastache, Gomphrena, and Echinacea.
  • Sowed herb seeds in the Infinity Garden - Andrograhis, Allheal, Boneset, and Horehound.
  • Sprayed herbicide on the driveway, around the pool, in the Shade Garden, and various paths.
  • Planted six Oakleaf Hydrangeas in groups of three along the boardwalk.
  • Planted five tomato plants. I thought five of my tomato plants had died so I bought five more. But the original ones are still hanging on so I planted four more in the Vegetable Garden and one in The Orchard.
  • Sowed patti pan squash, Marina di Chiogga pumpkin, corn, and cucumber seeds. My husband likes us to grow corn. Corn is a big-garden vegetable, but I grow it because he gets a kick out of seeing it grow.
  • Planted a white Coral Vine at the entrance to The Orchard that will climb up the archway.
  • Raked and shredded leaves. Mulched around my Pineapple Lilies and around some of the grasses in the Wave Garden.
  • Had dinner with the neighbors Saturday night.
  • The Spanish Bluebells are blooming. So pretty. The Tuburgen's Gem Tulips are blooming. The azaleas and spirea, verbena, dianthus, and forsythia are all in bloom. Butterflies were everywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment