Thursday, September 22, 2011

A Day at the Farm 09/22/2011

Went up for the day to water the roses and plant a few things. Going to Norman for the weekend - OU and Missouri - big game!


  • Watered the roses. The moles have created a maze of trails under the roses. I suspect that's why I've lost 3 of my roses. When I was watering today I started sticking the hose into the soil and the soil started falling away leaving huge holes that seemed to go on forever. When the roots have no dirt around them they die.

  • Planted 3 Flame Acanthus in the Star Garden.

  • Planted a flat of parsley in the Infinity Garden. I really like parsley as a front of the border plant. It's a pretty, emerald green color, low growing, useful to eat, and the larval food for butterflies.

  • Planted 6 small Mexican Bush Sage plants in the Long Border.

  • Cut away dead debris in the Star Garden.

  • Sowed some spinach and baby carrots in the Vegetable Garden.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! The orchard looks incredible. I can't believe how big those tiny little trees have gotten!
    xo
    Terry

    ReplyDelete