Monday, December 26, 2011

A Day at the Farm 12/26/2011

Cold and wet.
  • Planted 30 Oxblood Lilies that my sister gave me for Christmas. Their common name is School House Lily. They are often found growing beside the remains of old school houses and other long-gone public buildings due their ability to suffer from neglect and continue to grow and multiply. She gave me pink ones and red ones. The pink ones are a sport of the red ones, not sure how well they do as compared to the red ones. We will see. I planted some of them in the Rose Garden bed near the entrance, both at the front of the entrance and just inside the entrance to the garden.
  • Planted 3 Crinum Powelii 'Roseum' in the Long Border, also bulbs that my sister gave me for Christmas.
  • Planted a Viburnum macrocephalum Sterile in the Star Garden that I purchased on line from Martha's Secret.
  • Planted 2 Double Pink Altheas that my neighbor gave me, rooted from one of her plants.
  • Quick trip, looked around and left the same day. Crocuses are popping up from the ground. Seven Sisters Daffodils popping up. Spring will be grand!

No comments:

Post a Comment