Monday, November 4, 2013

A Day at the Farm November 3, 2013

Spent the day at the Aquarium with mom, dad, Nan, Lisa, Gretchen, and Beckett.  Drove up to the farm on Sunday morning.  What a beautiful day!  I couldn't leave, so I spent the night and left at 4:00 in the morning to go home and get ready for work.
  • I'm so happy to see that the alliums I dug up from the house on Nixon Lake Rd have sprouted.  After I dug them up and planted them in the Rose Garden, they wilted and faded away.  I felt terrible that the plant which was doing so well untended at that deserted house was killed by me because I moved it.  But, hooray, they have come back.  I'm happy.
  • I spent a long time in the Rose Garden deadheading roses and enjoying the weather and smelling the blooms.
  • Transplanted lots of Ox Eye Daisies growing in the paths in the Rose Garden.
  • Transplanted some Flame Acanthus growing in the path over to one of the flower beds in Max's Garden.
  • Worked in the Orchard Sunday morning raking paths, trimming blackberry vines, and pulling up ratty-looking zinnias.
  • Picked green beans for dinner.
  • Gathered all the Phillipine Liliy seeds from the pods that were dried and spread them in the Circle Drive flowerbeds.
  • Changed the sheets in the guest and master bedrooms, vacuumed, cleaned bathrooms. 

No comments:

Post a Comment