Saturday, July 18, 2015

Philippine Lilies July 18, 2015

My lilies are blooming.  I have been spreading these lily seeds around for several years.  Some day I will have them all over the place, in fact, I do have them all over the place.  In some places they are no more than 4 little grass-like leaves..  They sprout from seed very easily.  Many years ago I wrote to Chris Weisinger, the Bulb Hunter, and asked him if he had any Philippine Lily seeds for sale.  That was at a time when I had only one small plant.  He wrote back that, no, he didn't sell the seeds because it took too long for a seed to go from a single seed to a prosperous stand of lilies - no commercial value.  But I have taken many, many single seeds and turned them into a garden of lilies.  And I'm not finished.















    

No comments:

Post a Comment