Thursday, November 5, 2015

Roses November 5, 2015

Below, this is La Vesuve.  This becomes a large shrub rose, but I planted mine this spring or last fall, I can't recall, and so it is still a baby less than 3 feet tall.  It is said to be quite floriferous, so I planted it right at the entrance to the Rose Garden.
 The next three photos are Mrs Dudley Cross.  I nursed this rose back from the dead.  She has gotten quite large again.  She hasn't been a great bloomer for me, probably because she has spent so much time trying to stay alive.  But now that she is healthy again hopefully she will perform.  The flowers are a pink and yellow blend.  I really like blends.  The first photo is a fully opened bloom that really shows off her multi-colored petals.  The next photo is an older bloom.  The get a lot pinker as they age.  The third photo is a bud, which is a cream / yellow color with no hint of pink yet.


 The next three photos are Cramoisier Superieur, also planted last spring or fall, so it is small as well - but destined to get quite large.  The flowers are red with a silver reverse.  The flowers have a cup shape, and they retain that shape even when they are fully open.  I bought Archduke Charles, this rose, and Louis Philippe at the same time.  They are all red roses, and I can't seem to remember which one is which.  I have to look at my notes to get them straight which frustrates me a great deal.  I know the names of every rose I grow without the help of notes except for these three.

 Above, you can see the silver reverse in pretty Cramoisier Superieur.

 Above, this is Heritage.  I love Heritage, and I will always have one growing in my garden, wherever that may be.
Below, this is Madame Antoine Mari.  She is a pink blend - light and dark pink, also a very large shrub rose.


No comments:

Post a Comment