Monday, December 5, 2016

Sunday December 4, 2016

The family, with the exception of Blake and Mr. H who are busy with newborn Charlie, went to BCN to celebrate Amy's PhD on Saturday night.  Bert and I went to Burton on Sunday morning.  I drove in to work on Monday morning.
  • It rained all day on Sunday, and it was grey and cold.  I mostly alternated between cooking and laying on the couch watching reruns of Nurse Jackie on my Ipad. 
  • But I did plant about 125 Sweetness daffodil bulbs in the Daffodil Border.  It was raining pretty steadily, so I didn't press on even though I have 375 left to plant.
  • I moved about half a dozen plugs of Homestead Purple Verbena from paths into several beds in the Rose Garden.  It will be a sea of purple in the Rose Garden this spring if disaster doesn't strike (and I don't expect it to).
  • I cut down a bunch of my gingers in the Star Garden because my paper whites are coming up.  
  • As soon as I have some time - a full weekend - I am planning to dig up all the Hojo Santo in the bed that borders the path to the rose Garden.  I have several white Philippine Violets to plant there.  The Hojo Santo spreads at an alarming rate, so my focus this winter and next spring is to eradicate it in  that area. 
  • The leaves are about halfway finished dropping.  This winter I am piling them up in the unfinished area in the Star Garden that is adjacent to the driveway.  They will keep the weeds down in there, but will not deter the Philippine Lilies that have taken up residence in that area.

No comments:

Post a Comment