Sunday, September 17, 2017

Candida Rain Lilies September 16, 2017

The Candida rain lilies are in full bloom.  September is their time.  They multiply so rapidly that I have them planted all over the place.  One of my very favorites.


 Below, these Candidas are in a bed with Butterpat chrysanthemums that haven't yet started their big growth spurt in preparation for their fall bloom time.  They get about 3 feet tall, and they will flop over if they are not staked.
Below, spider lilies are blooming alongside Candida rain lilies and moss verbena.  These spider lilies bloom about three weeks earlier than my others because I dug them up out of an abandoned garden in Pasadena.  The difference in climate is still affecting these bulbs even though I planted them about four years ago.




No comments:

Post a Comment