Sunday, July 14, 2019

Weekend at the Farm July 13 - 14, 2019


This was out last weekend before our trip to Alaska.  It was particularly stressful because we have Airbnb guests arriving the second weekend we are gone.  Weeds!  And, wouldn't you know it, the pool sweep broke, and one of the automatic sprinkler zones stopped working.  But we did the best we could.  The pool sweep is repaired, we fixed the faulty wiring that caused the sprinkler zone to stop working, and I cleaned up as best I could.
  • Saturday. In the morning I spent about 30 minutes pulling up the ugly tall weed in the Meadow. 
  • I spent some time in the Star Garden weeding, but most of my time was spent in the Rose Garden weeding.  I watered in the Rose Garden and in some dry spots in the Star Garden. 
  • Sunday.  I spent another 30 minutes or so pulling up the tall weed in the Meadow.  
  • I sprayed herbicide on the ugly, invasive yellow flower in the Meadow that has popped up absolutely everywhere. I've written about it before.  It is very tall (four feet) with ugly, hairy leaves.  The flowers are not very pretty, but they seed prolifically.  And they don't lay down after they are killed by the freeze.  Real nuisances.   
  • Next I went to the Orchard to spray herbicide.  I didn't intend on staying, but it was such a weedy mess that I spent about three hours in there weeding.  
  • Did some more watering in the Rose Garden.
  • Cleaned up and put away all my stuff (I usually leave my gloves and other stuff out on the porch, but I moved it all to the Greenhous since we are having guests).
  • It doesn't look like much, but I worked my tail off!
  • Prepped the drawers and closets for guests, and we drove home.

No comments:

Post a Comment