Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Day at the Farm October 6, 2019

The Airbnb folks left at noon on Sunday, and Bert and I drove up for the remainder of the day.  We spent the night, and I drove in to work on Monday morning.  Bert took poor Rocky to the vet to get him a steroid shot and re-fill his itch-meds.  Next weekend is Bert's 50th reunion in New York, and the next weekend is Airbnb again. So we made a quick trip.  I watered a few areas where the plants were in distress.  It's dry.
  • Watered in the Medicine Garden, the dry parts of the Star Garden, and the Rose Garden.
  • Weeded here and there.
  • Sprayed herbicide in the Vegetable Garden.  Spending money and effort and time on that soil mix was a waste.  I need compost for the Vegetable Garden, and I should have sprung for the large up-front cost rather than the dribs and drabs cost of the soil mix.  The seeds have performed horribly except for the Edamame - and I prepped that bed perfectly.
  • Sprayed herbicide in the area around the Medicine Garden.
  • Sprayed herbicide in the Star Garden.  I saw that my Senna tree / shrub died.  I thought it was going to die the last time I was here, and sure enough.
  • Sprayed herbicide on the driveway.
  • Sprayed herbicide in the Rose Garden.
  • That's about it.    

No comments:

Post a Comment