Friday, June 17, 2022

Day at the Farm June 15, 2022

 

This is red shrimp plant.  

I drove up early in the morning and worked from the farm so that I could set up the house for our next Airbnb people.

  • It is extremely hot and dry, so there were very few weeds to pull.  
  • I spent the whole day going out and dragging hoses around to all the dry spots, setting the timers and retreating back inside to work.
  • I cut away a few plants in the paths, but nothing much has changed since I was here last.  It's too dry for the rampant growth that I often have this same time of year with normal rain fall.
  • I watered my roses in pots.
  • I watered the pots around the pool.
  • All my thyme in pots in the Star Garden has died from lack of water.
  • I increased the run time on all the sprinklers. 
  • I pulled up one tomato plant and cut away branches on others.  That will have to do until I have time to come back and pull them all up. 
  • Headed home around 6:00.

No comments:

Post a Comment