Sunday, February 5, 2023

Day at the Farm February 4 - 5, 2023

This is the Daffodil Border.

I came up Saturday evening.  

Sunday.  Beautiful weather.  Sunny and cool.  

I worked in the Orchard for several hours.  I planted 2 Goji Berry shrubs , 3 Kiowa Blackberry and a Desertnyi pomegranate. I watered everything in well.  Raked up some pine straw and spread it around all my new transplants.  Weeded, weeded, weeded.

I planted one bunch of 1015 onion starts, mostly in pots since the voles ate them all last year.  Raked a bit.

Sprayed herbicide here and there in the Vegetable Garden, the Star Garden and the Rose Garden.

Cut back bunch grasses along the back path and the back beds.  Fertilized the grasses and Siberian iris.

I pulled some Giant Rudbeckia out of a pot sitting in the Vegetable Garden and planted it in the back bed.

Planted 3 Colonial White verbena in the Water Garden.

Headed home about 5:00.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment