Monday, May 1, 2023

Weekend at the Farm April 28 - 30, 2023

 


This is Augusta Duelberg salvia.

Drove up on Thursday night and worked from the farm on Friday.  Family reunion in Madisonville on Saturday.  Koy and Cleo came back to Burton with me and spent the night.

It's been raining, there was rain in the rain gauge.  And it rained Thursday night and Friday night. A wet, cool spring so far.  In fact, I'm starting to worry that all my succulents will rot.

I cut away lots and lots of plants leaning into paths. That was my main focus during my stay here.  And I staked lots of stands of flowers.  The Brown Eyes and Giant Coneflower and yellow coneflower are beginning their bloom time.  Yellow everywhere, and it's outstanding.

I cut the spiderwort in the front beds down to the ground.  I love their beautiful blue flowers, but when they are still blooming but almost finished they just look kind of raggedy. I dumped the debris in the Meadow hoping for some reseeding.

I had some absolutely gorgeous stands of Italian flatleaf parsley in the Vegetable Garden.  The voles ate them all just since I was last here.  I harvested some last week, and now - completely wiped out.

I sprayed vinegar on weeds in the paths of the Vegetable Garden and the Star Garden.  But since it rained last night, I'm not sure if it will be effective. 

Sunday.  I pulled up all the Tall Winecup out of the bed at the front of the Rose Garden and raked it clean.  Koy helped me sow the bed with pink zinnia and cosmos seeds.

I potted up an Aztec King Mangave and set it by the pool with all the others.

Me and the girls headed home about 1:00. 

No comments:

Post a Comment