Monday, August 28, 2023

Day at the Farm August 26, 2023

I worked on Friday from the farm.  Saturday I spent the morning working in the gardens.  Headed home in the afternoon for Dad's 90th birthday party at The Annie Café.

This is a little purslane wilding that showed up.  I decided to dig it out of the path and plant it as a border.  I'm hoping it will multiply.  The other purslane with yellow flowers certainly multiplies, but it is not as pretty.  This one is barely pretty, but better that plain dirt.

These are cockscomb.  Another example of seeds that I spread from one garden to another last fall. I love when that happens.
This pop of hot pink color is a Passalong Verbena.  
I watered the Mangaves around the pool.  

I finished laying gravel in the Medicine Garden, the whole area has been freshened up.  Weeded and watered while I worked.

I cut away plants leaning into the long front path at the front of the Star Garden and laid down gravel in a thin layer.  Weeded as I worked.  

I cut back all my basil and salvia in the Rose Garden.  I didn't cut it all the way to the ground, but I cut off all the flowers and buds so that I will have fresh flowers and buds for the wedding.  I left all the debris just lying on the ground, I will have to rake next time I'm there. I also trimmed back the trailing purple lantana so that it was clear of the path.  I clambered into the Noisette bed and weeded, I had made some progress on that bed a few weeks back, so there was not much to do.  I'm going to get Bert to removed the cedar barrier that has been there for many years.  It's really not needed anymore, and it makes it difficult to get in there.

Watered in the White Garden. and all the little native trees that surround it.

I weeded for a bit in the Vegetable Garden.  Most of the sunflowers have popped up.  I will wait a bit longer to see if the seeds that I sowed too deep will pop up.  If not I will sow some more.  The arugula, parsley and marigold seeds have sprouted as well.

Re-set my sprinklers.  Headed home.


No comments:

Post a Comment