Sunday, July 29, 2012

A Weekend at the Farm July 28-29, 2012

In this picture are Moonlight Caladiums (which I love and think are so beautiful), Pam Puryear's Pink Turk's Cap, Oakleaf Hydrangea, and gingers.
  • Blake and Mr. H came for the weekend.  We swam all day and then went in to Brenham for the Hot Nights Cool Tunes show.  Fun
  • I saw a Zebra Longwing butterfly in the Orchard on Sunday!  I've never seen one before, very rare here.  I couldn't believe it.  I tried to get a picture, but they move really fast. 
  • The butterflies were everywhere.  So many different varieties.  Beautiful creatures.  I watched them throughout the weekend.  I find it very entertaining to sit on the porch and watch the garden.  It is alive with movement.
  • I moved a Nicotiana from the path where a seed had sprouted over to one of the shady beds in the Star Garden.  I moved some Columbine seedlings from the path over to a shade bed in the Star Garden.  Next spring will be pretty when all the Columbine bloom. 
  • I deadheaded zinnias for a long time.  I have a lot of Zinnias growing.  I throw all the flowers into the flower beds so they will reseed.
  • I cut back Lantana around the pool, it gets really leggy and out of control.  It blooms better if it is trimmed, I assume it is because it blooms on new growth, but I'd have to look it up to see if that's true.
  • I watered her and there. 
  • I fertilized a few things:  Henry's Garnet Sweetspire in the Shade Garden, Striped Beauty Canna, Frost Proof Gardenia.
  • My Ma Huang seeds have sprouted!  I planted them two weekends ago.  Ma Huang is ephedrine.  I hope they make it.  This will be interesting.
  • That's about all I did since we had guests.  
 Gorgeous!  I am becoming very partial to white flowers and plants.

No comments:

Post a Comment