Monday, April 15, 2013

A Weekend at the Farm April 13 - 14, 2013


These are the amaryllis that Janine Snapp gave me.  They were dug up, driven around in her car, driven around in my car, replanted a week later, and they still bloomed.  Bulbs are the easiest and most forgiving plants to grow!
  • Washed the four sets of French doors along the front of the house.  They were cob webby.  I'm going to do the back doors next weekend.
  • Spray painted the inside of the Vegetable Garden fence here and there in the worst areas.  I can't paint it with a brush because the rabbit wire is stapled to the inside of the fence.  Too difficult to get to the wood if I'm trying to paint through the wire.
  • Cut back the kale in the Star Garden.
  •  Staked the Peggy Martin rose.
  • Tied daffodil greenery together so it wouldn't crowd the Nigella.
  • Dug up some oregano and moved it to the Medicine Garden.
  • Deadheaded the roses.
  • Spent a lot of time in the Rose Garden raking the paths.  I cut back the Bermuda's Kathleen that had gotten massive and blocked two of the paths into the garden.  Rose Garden looks much better.
  • Helped Bert clean up trails. We cut away yaupon and tree branches.
  • Raked in the back yard along the fence where a lot of leaves had collected.  Raked around the air conditioning units where a lot of leaves had accumulated.
  • I cleaned out the Greenhouse.  I removed all the bottles, boxes, containers, bags, equipment, and tools.  I swept off the shelves, washed off lots of stuff that was dirty, and raked the dirt floor then moved everything back in.  Looks much better, much cleaner.
  • My husband went to the "rock store" and bought me a couple yards of crushed granite and some stepping stones.  I covered two paths with crushed granite before I ran out.  They look a lot better.
  • Weeded, weeded, weeded.
  • Watered lots of plants - the new olive tree, the irises Janine gave me, some of the roses., the crab apple tree, the Mayhaw tree, the plants along the Vegetable Garden, etc.
  • Enjoyed the beautiful days.
  • Planted 9 violets - 3 each in one of the new beds in the Star Garden, and two of the new beds in the Infinity Garden.
  • Lovely weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment