Monday, April 22, 2013

Weekend at the Farm April 20 - 21, 2013



  • Dug up a pepper that had seeded from a Tabasco pepper plant I let go to seed.  Moved it into the Vegetable Garden where one of my tomato plants had died.  The late freeze killed one of my tomato plants.
  • Weeded in the Vegetable Garden.
  • Made a double batch of red beans for the party next weekend.
  • Sprayed the roses.  Some of them are getting powdery mildew really bad.  I've never had that happen before.  Black spot was the scourge I had to watch for.  Well, it's one thing or another.  I always try to spray early in the morning before the bees start scavenging.
  • Watered lots of the plants I'm babying along.
  • Sunday I cleaned.  Vacuumed, mopped, put down floor shine, cleaned walls and base boards, under furniture, shook out rugs.  Dirty grimy work.  I didn't get to everything, but what I cleaned I cleaned well.
  • Raked all the paths in the Shade Garden.  Trucked lots of wheelbarrows of debris to the compost pile.  
  • Raked in Max's Garden as well. 


No comments:

Post a Comment