Sunday, June 29, 2014

Weekend at the Farm June 28 - 29, 2014

Came up on Friday afternoon.  Went to Austin on Saturday to babysit Henry and Zelda.  Nathan and Jess were at the house when we got back to the farm.  They spent the night, and William and Kim and the babies came over on Sunday.  Babies everywhere!
  • Didn't have time to do much.  Weeded as much as possible.
  • Dug up a flower bed by the back door and pulled all the weeds.  Covered the area with leaf mulch.
  • Pulled up some brown eyed susans that went to seed at the front of the Rose Garden.  I also pulled some up next to the arbor at the front of the Rose Garden.
  • Pulled up the tomato plants in the Vegetable Garden and cleaned up some of the other beds.
  • Turned over the soil and planted okra seeds in five beds in the Vegetable Garden.  Okra is about the only thing that will grow in this heat.  Eggplant likes the heat too.
  • Planted some birdhouse gourd seeds on one of the arbors in the Vegetable Garden.
  • Soaked some Moon Flower and Heavenly Blue Morning Glory seeds in water over night.  Planted them around two arbors in the Star Garden.  I meant to surround them with chicken wire, but the day got away from me.  Everything has to be protected from the rabbits.  
  • Meant to dig up some Ox Eyes for my friend Janine but ran out of time.  Saturday I was in Ausitn and Sunday we were with my husbands children and their babies.  
  • Watered as much as I could before I got too tired. 

No comments:

Post a Comment