Tuesday, May 26, 2015

At the Farm May 23, 2015


Went to my family reunion in Madisonville at my uncle Tut and aunt Maedell's old place.  Her kids have remodeled it.  Went to Burton for the night.  Left in the afternoon and went to the lake for Memorial day.

  • Picked green beans, pulled up some scallions, and dug up some red potatoes.  
  • Cleaned up one of the tomato plants that was loaded with rotten tomatoes.  Too much rain I guess. 
  • Cleared out a flowerbed near the front porch in the Star Garden.  I pulled up all the nigella and threw it in the meadow garden, hoping some of it will take hold come next spring.  Weeded a big portion of the bed.  Still more to do, but looks better.
  • Picked blackberries to bring to Conroe.
  • Raccoons broke most of the limbs of one of my plum trees trying to get to the plums at the ends of the branches.  I feel like the tree only just recovered from the last time it happened a couple of years ago. 
  • Everything is green, green, green.

No comments:

Post a Comment