Sunday, May 3, 2015

Weekend at the Farm May 2 - 3, 2015


These are beautiful canna leaves.  I love them.  They are my favorite leaves of all my plants.  Saturday in Galveston at Roger's house for Zelda's 3rd birthday party.  Then to Burton.
  • Spent the morning cleaning out the Long Border and planting 2 CranRazz Buddleia, 2 Luna Pink Swirl Mallow, and 1 China Chiffon Althea.  Spread 3 bags of mulch over as much of the cleared area around the plantings as I could.  I really need to get a pile of mulch delivered.  All my leaf mulch is gone.  Boo Hoo.  It looks a lot better, but needs a lot more work.
  • Tied up lots of Ox Eyes so the seeds will fall in the flower beds.
  • Turned back on the water so that all my sprinklers start working.  I've had them off since the wedding.  
  • Moved my Angel Trumpet to a flower bed with water.
  • Cooked an appetizer of scallops with onion from the garden.  We bought the scallops in Galveston.
  • Had Swiss Chard from the garden for dinner with Redfish on the half shell that we bought in Galveston.
  • Pulled up all the dead poppy plants.
  • Saw three vole piles of dirt in one of my flower beds.  That means that voles have set up shop in that bed.  Need to flood the tunnels with water and get rid of them or they will kill my rose I have planted there.  The little bastards.
  • Bert and I drove around the property.  Lots of pretty purple Alliums blooming along the fence line at the back of the property.  Also 3 big trees down across paths, big winds on Monday blew them down.

No comments:

Post a Comment