Sunday, June 5, 2011

A Day at the Farm 06/05/2010

Max's graduation Saturday and a party after. Went to the farm after that. The drought is still terrible.




  • Swam in the pool Saturday evening and throughout the day Sunday.


  • Trimmed the wisteria over the arbor.


  • Watered as much as I could, everything is suffering.


  • Weeded, weeded, weeded.


  • Pulled up all the Bachelor Buttons and threw the seeds on the ground. Pulled up the Corn Cockle and threw the seeds on the ground. Saved some to seed in other places.


  • Spread Columbine seed from all the dried pods in the Greenhouse Gardens throughout the Shade Garden.


  • Picked dozens of tomatoes, some squash, peppers, and some cucumbers.


  • Staked some plants.


  • Worked in the Orchard for a while.


  • Watched the birds for a long time while they bathed themselves in the sprinkler water.


  • Tied string to the fence in the Orchard so that the morning glory vine can climb.


  • Filled the bird baths.

  • I am determined to staple chicken wire or rabbit wire around the outside of the Orchard. The armadillos make such as mess. And I plan to move all my bulbs from the my Bulb Garden down to the Orchard. The Bulb Garden looks really bad, it is full of weeds, and I cannot weed that bed effectively with the chicken wire laid down over it. So I'll dig up all my bulbs and move them to a bed that cannot be invaded by armadillos.

No comments:

Post a Comment