Sunday, June 2, 2013

Weekend at the Farm June 1 - 2, 2013


This my blackberry jam.  Made blackberry jelly last weekend.  It is not recommended to double the recipe when making jam and jelly.  It doesn't set properly when the recipe is doubled.  A typical recipe makes about seven - eight cups.  Half fruit and half sugar and a box of pectin.  There's a lot of sugar in jelly!

We got a good rain Saturday night.  About an inch and a quarter.

  • Watered all day Saturday.  We won't be back for 3 weeks, so I was trying to give my babies a helping hand.  It's gotten really hot.
  • Adjusted all the sprinklers.
  • Picked blackberries on Saturday morning.  Made blackberry jam Saturday afternoon when I returned home from our most recent minor emergency.
  • Rocky got a bad cut on his leg about 10:30 Saturday morning.  Don't know how it happened.  I took him to the vet.  Ten stitches, $214, and two hours later he was all better.
  • Swam in the pool with my husband and our neighbor, Ray.
  • Pulled some weeds.  By the time we get back the weeds will be really bad.
  • Cleaned all the ceiling fans.  
  • Cleaned house.  My husband's son and his wife are going to use the place on one of the weekends when we are out of town.  And his niece and her husband will use the place the other weekend.  So I vacuumed, cleaned bathrooms, changed the sheets, and shook out all the rugs.  
  • Got up early Sunday and drove to Austin to help my husband's son move into his new house.  Zellie is walking.  So cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment