Monday, February 17, 2014

Weekend at the Farm February 14-16, 2014

Took Friday as vacation.  Shopped with Blake in the morning, went to the farm later that day.

  • Sprayed herbicide in the driveway and some of the paths in the Star Garden.
  • I built another bed in the Medicine Garden.  Slowly but surely I am expanding the area.  Utilitarians, edibles, and medicinals will fill this garden.
  • I dug up three clumps of gingers from the garden in Houston.. I planted two clumps in the bed I built several weeks ago.  And I planted one clump in the bed I built this weekend.
  • I bought a flat of ten small Japanese Holly Ferns at Loews.  I planted them in my two new beds.  
  • Raked and raked and raked.  It was pretty dry, so I shredded the leaves.  I used them to mix into the soil and to mulch the top of some of the beds in the Infinity Garden.
  • Pruned some roses - Heritage, Ducher, and Chorale.
  • Fertilized the Toad Lily.
  • Watered some of my shrubs, the new fruit trees, the Almond Verbena I was given by Debra, my new roses, and a few of my mature roses that I'm babying.
  • Walked and walked and walked around remarking to myself about this lovely, emerging secret and that one around the next corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment