Sunday, November 2, 2014

Visit to the Farm November 2, 2014


Pretty rye grass coming up in the back yard.
  • I expanded a bed with one green landscape strip along the back walk that leads to the Boardwalk.  I used the last of my compost - perfect timing, just before the leaves start to fall and I can make more.   Planted two Banana Shrubs.  Banana Shrubs bloom in the late summer.  The blooms are about two inches across, beige in color.  The remarkable thing about the flowers is the scent. - just like ripe bananas.  I planted them right next to the walkway so that the scent can be enjoyed.
  • I spread Philippine Lily seeds in the new bed around the shrubs.  It is a partially shady area, perfect for the lilies.  I also spread seeds in several of the beds in the Circle Drive, some in the Ehrlicheer bed, and some in the Janine bulb bed. 
  • I pulled up spent zinnias and salvias in the Orchard, turned over the soil, and spread wildflower seeds - California Poppies, Corn Poppies, Flanders Poppies, Drummond Phlox, and Bluebonnets.
  • Raked up pine needles along the trail.  Mulched in the salvia bed along the back of the house.
  • Watered all my new roses.  
  • Kim stopped by with the babies for a moment on her way back to Austin- bathroom break.
  • It was a gorgeous Autumn day.  Really lovely.  Stopped at Blake's on the way home to see Sammy.

No comments:

Post a Comment