Saturday, July 9, 2016

Day at the Farm July 8, 2016



Last weekend the whole family including Beckett went to Florida for a family reunion.  Only Mr H and Bert were absent.  Tomorrow and Sunday I will be at the lake babysitting Koy.

  • I spent the entire morning watering in the Rose Garden and pulling weeds.  It's really dry.  But at least the hoses are working.  Bert and I worked on them and they are functioning again.
  • Put some compost around Ducher and Heritage roses.  
  • I spent some time trimming Sweetspire in the Circle Drive garden and pulling weeds.  It is completely shady most of the time so there is some protection from the sun and it's cooler (that's a relative term).  I dug up about 20 Philippine Lily seedlings from the paths and planted them in a pile of compost in one of the beds.  I guess I will spray the rest and kill them.  It would be a lot of work to dig them all up, and they are taking over in the paths.  I've always been really hesitant to kill them because I love them. 
  • I went out again about 8 and did a little more watering in the Rose Garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment