Friday, July 8, 2016

Weekend at the Farm June 25 - 26, 2016

 My pretty double Tiger Lilies are blooming.

Wow, everything is so dried out.  I'm in emergency mode trying to get everything watered this weekend.  Grey kitty looks like he is starving, I don't think he is going to the neighbors' house to eat when we are gone.  But that would be very un-catlike.  He sure is skinny, though.  I'm concerned.

Saturday I started working early in the Rose Garden.  I pulled up spent black eyed Susan's and weeds while I watered.  Watering was the main effort.  It's hot and not easy to be outside.

The Culligan man stopped by and showed us how to run the system filtration and softener system.

I put some suet out for the birds.

The mower crapped out again and Bert went to town and bought a new one.  $8,118.  It was a smart thing to do, we are tired of putting out $500 every time we take it to get repaired.  The last time it was $1000.  We have had it since 2007 and we have used it hard!

I sprayed herbicide in the driveway.  The weeds were taking over.

The hose stopped running about 2:00 so I couldn't water my roses anymore.  Tomorrow morning when it's cooler I will stretch some new hose from the well to the Rose Garden, I assume the problem is that some connection has popped off on the hose that Bert strung through the woods.  Aargh, it's always something.

Raked in the Star Garden for a bit.  

Too hot to work past 2:00.  Showered and napped.




No comments:

Post a Comment