Sunday, March 19, 2017

Weekend at the Farm March 17 - 19, 2017


I drove up on Friday morning to go the the herb sale at Festival Hill in Round Top. 
  • I bought three Lions Tail, six Sweet Violets, a pineapple sage, two Clary Sage, and two Genovese basil.
  • I stained the Boardwalk with green stain.  Bert was mowing around the bee hive and stirred them up.  I got a bee sting on the top of my head, and later I got stung on my hand.  Even though it was hot, I put on the bee suit to finish the painting.
  • I passed a very restless night on Friday because of the swelling and itching, and Saturday night was even worse.
  • The wasps are out in droves, I sprayed pesticide on 10 small nests under the eaves of our house and several in the greenhouse.  In the summer the first thing we do when we arrive is check for wasp nests.  I received some Jersey Supreme asparagus in the mail last week, so I prepped two beds and planted that.  I also received some Masquerade seed potatoes in the mail, so I planted those as well.  I didn't cure them (as usual), I just stuck them into a prepared bed.
  • At some point during the weekend I turned my foot wrong, and I could hardly walk on Sunday.  But two Aleve and a Benadryl did the trick and I forged ahead.
  • I planted two Buddleia Lindliana in the Long Border and three John Fannick Phlox.  I watered in the Long Border and in some of the beds in the Rose Garden.  Did some mulching too.
  • I planted six Sweet Violets in a moist shady spot in the Medicine Garden.
  • I bought two white Philippine Violets to replace the ones that I thought were dead.  But when I started digging the dead ones out it appeared to me that were going to make it, so I planted them in a shady spot in the Star Garden.
  • I planted to the two basils in the Kitchen Herb Garden and the pineapple sage in the Medicine Garden.
  • I watered the pots in the Star Garden.
  • I planted three Autumn Fern in the shady part of the Star Garden.
  • That's about it, but this blog post was a lot longer and then it disappeared.  So this is the abbreviated version.

No comments:

Post a Comment