Sunday, February 10, 2019

Weekend at the Farm February 9 - 10, 2019


My yellow daffodils are beginning to bloom.  Most of them were leaning over and plastered to the ground from the rain we have been having, but they were still cheery bright spots in the landscape.

Cleo and Koy spent the night with me on Friday.  I took the girls to the toy store on Saturday morning to pick out toys.  Then over to Josh and Amy's for Cleo's second birthday party.  Bert met me there.  The party was lots of fun.  Then we drove separately to the farm.
  • We had a 12 yards of decomposed granite delivered on Friday morning.  So on Sunday morning I started re-doing the paths in the Rose Garden.  I worked all day from early morning until 3:00.  First, I raked the area, then I pulled the biggest weeds from the paths, then I dumped a load of crushed granite and spread it around about an inch or two thick.  In the old days I spread it a lot thicker, but I'm older now and not as enthusiastic.  One wheelbarrow of crushed granite spreads out to about four feet by four feet.  I got half of the Rose Garden finished.  I was pretty surprised that I completed that much, I have to say.  Man, that is hard work.  It was helpful that the weather was cold, wet, misty and cloudy.  I can work a long time in favorable conditions such as those.
  • Throughout the day in between wheel barrows of rock, I pulled grass and weeds out of the Daffodil Border.
  • That's it.  Called it a day at 3:00 and laid comatose on the couch.  
  • I bought the train tickets for our Alaska trip.  Things are ramping up for out July trip
  • Drove in to work on Monday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment