Sunday, March 31, 2019

Weekend at the Farm March 29 - 31, 2019


The iris are starting to bloom.  This is one of the first, so pretty.
  • I drove up on Thursday evening.  Bert was already here.  Traffic was hideous.  Not sure if I will do that again soon.  Better to come in the morning.
  • I hauled gravel half the day on Friday.  
  • I pulled up three of my mustards and planted 3 bell pepper plants and a serrano pepper plant. 
  • I planted an African Blue basil in one of the big buckets in the Vegetable Garden.
  • Bert and I drove up to Papescapes up the road and bought 2 yards of what they said was mulch, but it's not mulch.  It is a mulch / compost / sand mixture.  But we were already there with the trailer, so we bought it.
  • I spent part of the day with my mulch mix.  I filled in the big holes in the back bed that washed away from erosion.  And I put some around the herbs in my Kitchen Herb Garden.  
  • I spread some of the mulch mix in the Dining Room bed - lots of dandelions in there.  I yanked up a bunch and spread mulch, then mushed it down hard.  
  • I used some of the landscape rocks that I got from Josh and Amy in the Star Garden and the Shade Garden and the Rose Garden.
  • Josh, Koy and Cleo and Blake, Sam and Charlie came for a visit on Saturday.  Blake and the boys stayed for the day, Josh and the girls spent the night.  Ben Meers drove in from Austin to visit Josh and he spent the night as well.
  • Before they arrived Jeff and Amy brought some friends over to tour my gardens.  That was fun for me because of course I am so proud of my gardens!
  • We did lots of playing and the cousins argued throughout the day over this and that toy.  
  • A cold front moved in and it got cold.
  • Sunday morning Josh and the girls and Ben left about 11:00.  I sent Josh home with lots of carrots, cilantro, and beets from the garden.  I worked until about 5:00.  My decomposed granite is almost gone.  And I moved some more mulch mix as well.
  • Weeded, weeded, weeded.
  • Pulled up lots of invasive grass that is growing amongst my daffodils in the Daffodil Border.  
  • Watered in the Rose Garden.
  • Cut back the Copper Canyon Daisy and added some of my mulch mix to the bed.
  • I walked the Meadow.
  • I ambled through all the gardens for several hours.
  • Headed to work on Monday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment