Sunday, January 26, 2020

Day at the Farm January 26, 2020

Above, a picture of some of my sweeties, about to bloom.

I spent Saturday night at Blake's to babysit.  Drove to the farm Sunday morning.
  • Mostly what I wanted to do was sow my carrot seeds.  I had a new pile of mushroom compost delivered on Friday while Bert was here.  I dumped a truckload of compost in the long bed nearest the Meadow.  Turned over the soil, smoothed it out.  Sowed 2 packages of Scarlet Nantes carrots.  I had enough room to plant the cloves of the 2 remaining garlic bulbs I bought last fall.  I also sowed part of a package of dill and sprinkled a few red corn poppies around.
  • I got a bin out of the shed and used it to help me stir my compost buckets.  I am making small batches of compost in some large feed buckets that Albert Meyers gave me.  I dumped the feed buckets of compost into the bin and then dumped them back into the feed buckets.  That mixed everything up really well.
  • I side-dressed the woodland canna in the Shade Garden as well as some Philippine lily seedlings that I planted in the Shade Garden last year.  That little part of the Shade Garden always stays dry.  
  • I spread compost in the bed where that Coral Honeysuckle was growing - it died, not sure if it was due to being dry or due to voles.  I planted another Coral Honeysuckle in that spot.
  • I planted a Sweet Autumn Clematis on the screen that I set up last weekend.  I have always wanted a Sweet Autumn Clematis.  I think I will regret where I planted it, in fact I already think I will move it next weekend when I am here.
  • Drove in to work on Monday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment