Wednesday, June 10, 2020

At the Farm During the Pandemic June 1 - 7, 2020

  • Monday.  Worked.
  • Watered my pots and my new seed beds.
  • Inspected all my new plantings of Lantana and Strawberry Begonias for armadillo damage.  Found none.
  • Sprayed herbicide in the Star Garden and the Vegetable Garden.
  • Cut back some more Verbena Bonariensis in the Rose Garden.
  • Pulled weeds in the Rose Garden.
  • Sowed morning glory seeds in the Star Garden and the Rose Garden.
  • Fertilized the roses in the front beds and the Star Garden except for my climbers.
  • After work I fertilized all the roses in the Rose Garden.
  • I also staked some flowers, cut away some Verbena on a Stick, pulled weeds, and watered a bit.
  • I spent some time in the hinterlands of the Star Garden.  I cleared some paths, cut away spent Ox Eye daisy, smoothed the soil (armadillos, boo!), staked some Giant Rudbeckia, and did a lot of weeding.  Moved the sprinklers around.
  • Tuesday.  Worked.
  • Weeded here and there.
  • Cleaned the bird bath outside the Dining Room window and filled it with fresh water.  I watch the birds bathing all day.  So entertaining.  The juvenile cardinals are in and out of there frequently.  Doves, cardinals, Painted Buntings.
  • I hand watered all my seed beds in the Vegetable Garden just to give them a little boost.  The French marigold seed is already sprouting.  That was fast!
  • Wednesday.  Worked.
  • Thursday Worked.
  • Drove home to Houston.  Blake and her high school friends stayed her for the weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment