Tuesday, June 23, 2020

At the Farm During the Pandemic June 8 - 12, 2020

  • Monday. Worked. 
  • Bert went to Louisiana for the weekend with Donald.
  • I did some weeding and planted a few lantana that I bought last weekend.
  • Tuesday.  Worked. 
  • Watched the birds at the bath.  Entertaining. 
  • Planted some more lantana.
  • I planted a Pride of Barbados and 2 Texas native orange lantana down by the Orchard next to the red cannas.  That should be pretty - red and orange and yellow.   
  • For a while I watched 2 little black bugs in an epic battle in the sand.  One of them was getting bested, but he kept fighting, getting turned over on his back,  flipping himself up right, fighting, getting turned over on his back. I thought about moving the poor little fellow to another spot, but decided to let nature take its course.
  • Cleaned the bird baths.
  • After work I did lots of weeding.  I cut back some Verbena Bonariensis, deadheaded some Giant Rudbeckia, did some watering and other general clean-up.
  • Sprayed herbicide in the Rose Garden.
  • Planted the last of my lantana plants.
  • Wednesday.  Worked.
  • I cut back spent Ox Eye daisy, weeded in the Star Garden and the Rose Garden.
  • Deadheaded roses.
  • Re-filled my bird baths with fresh water for my very entertaining little feathered friends.
  • Thursday.  Worked, cleaned up and drove to Houston.  We had Airbnb guests for the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment