Monday, March 1, 2021

At the Farm During the Pandemic February 22 - 28, 2021

 

Nine of my eleven grandchildren, lined up to take rides on the zip line, my two sons getting them all strapped in.

  • Monday.  Worked.
  • I raked for a bit in the Rose Garden.
  • I moved a couple of Verbena Bonariensis from paths to beds. 
  • Trimmed away some dead moss verbena vegetation.  It really took a hit during the hard freeze, not sure yet if it will be root hardy.
  • I sprayed herbicide in the Medicine Garden, a little in the drive way in front of the house.  And I sprayed all the paths in my mom's garden.  I ordered 5 yards of decomposed granite to be delivered on Wednesday, so time to get prepared for laying it down.
  • After work I sprayed herbicide in the Rose Garden.
  • Tuesday.  Worked.  
  • During lunch I drove over to the Carmine antique shops to poke around looking for wash tubs.  I bought one that was pale green with a white enamel interior.  I want to hang a couple of them on the outside of the Greenhouse at one of the entrances to my mom's garden.
  • Wednesday.  Worked.
  • Decomposed granite (DG) was delivered.  At lunch I spread a half dozen or so wheelbarrows of DG in my mom's garden.
  • Thursday.  Worked.
  • I got the fountain set up in my mom's garden.  I have ordered additional extender pieces for the fountain.  Right now the motor is sitting on top of a bucket that has been turned upside down.
  • Drizzling rain all day and very busy work schedule, no work done in the garden.
  • Friday.  Worked. 
  • I moved a bunch of DG trying to get finished before everyone arrives tomorrow.  Big family group coming to help install the zip line.
  • Josh and the girls spent the night.
  • Saturday.  Mom and Dad, Nathan and 2 older kids, William and kids, Blake and family, and Max and family arrived. All the men worked on the zip line.  William, Josh, and Max groups spent the night.  No gardening was done in all the chaos, that's for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment