Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Siberian Iris April 27, 2021

 The 3 pictures below are of Jaybird.  I just happen to remember the name of that one because it was the first Siberian iris that I ever bought.  After that I bought lots of Siberian iris, but very few of them made it.  Not enough water in the beginning.  The next 3 pictures are of another one I bought, can't remember the name since it was one of a dozen I purchased.  It is a deeper color purple, and the flower form is more narrow than Jaybird.  The clump is not as substantial as Jaybird because it is about 2 years younger.  And the last picture is another variety.  Too bad none of the white varieties I purchased seem to have made it.  Like bearded iris, the Siberian iris come in some wonderful color combinations.  I had one of my best years ever with my beardeds, maybe they liked that super cold snap in February.  But I think I'm going to get more reliable blooming from the Siberian iris over time.   









No comments:

Post a Comment