Saturday, December 18, 2021

Biltmore Ballgown Abutilon December 18, 2021

 It was December 12 when I took these pictures, and we still had not had our first freeze of the season.  Interesting.  Some years we have our first hard freeze before Thanksgiving. Last winter I had made a note in my head that I would prune back these Abutilons (I have 3) in early summer to see if they would get bushier by the time their fall blooming season came around.  But the intense February freeze knocked them all back so much that they were barely at knee length in early summer. These are fun plants to grow.  They like some shade or morning sun.  They are fall bloomers, always a selling point for me.  






These two are in the Medicine Garden.  They were hurt worse by the February freeze than the one in the Star Garden.  But they clawed their way back, and the tall one bloomed.  



   

 

No comments:

Post a Comment