Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Some of my New Armadillo Barricades March 4, 2022

 This little fenced-in area surrounds one of my front beds.  Bert built it for me.  The armadillos have always made a nightly mission of turning up my front beds, so this should really help.  And this structure is definitely an improvement over the chicken wire and bamboo stake mess I created last summer.   

This barrier blocks front porch and driveway access into the Star Garden.  It is movable (with handles at the top) so that during the day we can move it aside so I can get my wheelbarrow in there if necessary.  And Rocky is so old that he can't jump over it.
This barrier blocks access into the Star Garden from the back yard area and the woods.  There is a square cut away in the middle where we have an armadillo trap set up.  If they try to get in this way they will walk into the trap.  

Still more to do (the other half of the front beds, the Rose Garden, the Orchard, possibly the Kitchen Herb Garden and the Water Garden) but I am very happy with the progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment